FlowPhys has developed a new and unique geothermal flow assurance simulation software for engineering and scientific analyses. It is the result of the more than 30 years development of Flowphys multiphysics software, accelerating in the last few years through 7 ongoing EU and Norwegian Research Council projects.
To improve and optimize planning, design, and operation of geothermal energy systems and facilities, it is necessary to have a good understanding of the operating conditions in the different parts/locations and their time dependancies. The Flowphys Geothermal Flow Assurance Simulator combines fluid dynamics, thermodynamcs, and geochemistry to provide detailed analyses and simulations. The area of Flow Assurance originated in the Oil & Gas sector, where it has grown to become a key enabling technology, leading to significant cost reductions.
The main features of the software:
•Multi-phase, multi-component, thermodynamic flow simulator
• Complex pipe networks
• Steady-state and time-dependent (transient, dynamic)
• Process simulation device models (valves, heat exchangers, pumps, etc.)
• Incompressible and compressible flows
• Newtonian and non-Newtonian flows
• Geochemical equilibrium & reaction kinetics
• Corrosion, erosion, scaling
• Process control algorithms
• 1D, 2D, 3D heat transfer
• 1D, 2D, 3D Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
• 1D, 2D, 3D Structural Mechanics & Dynamics
• Turbulence models
• Computational Welding Mechanics
• Arbitrary Lagrangian-Eulerian (ALE), moving meshes, mesh morphing & smoothing
• Fluid-structure interaction
• Numerical shape & parameter optimisation
• Powerful user interface (geothermal GUI, macro language, etc.)
Flowphys Simulator does not use external libraries; all the solution algorithms, matrix solvers, etc. are natively developed and programmed. Algorithms and solvers have been highly optimised to perform several times faster than other commercial software.
Try out the Flowphys Software:
We have a free educational version -- please send us a request via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for download links!